Welcome to the blog of Fibrefanatic Designs. For those of you who have a love of texture and colour in relation to fibre, we have something in common. This blog is a journal of my passion for Art yarns and also the bits of my world that add to the mix. Thanks for popping by.



Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Happy Australia Day!

Happy Australia Day to all, hope you share it with those nearest and dearest to you.  I have been spinning in earnest lately as I have quite a few events coming up.  Yarns going in to CCCK's in Northcote in March, an Indoor market at Apollo Bay in April and the Queens Birthday Market in June, and then of course the Bendigo Wool Show with my friend Mandie from Ewe Give Me the Knits.  I can't stop now otherwise I will lose momentum!

I am going to try a new method of making faux tailspun yarns that I found on You tube.  I think this will be a wonderful way of utilising some very long Mohair that I have.  I just love the scarf that Natalie creates it takes me back to Carnaby Street and the Beatles era!  However I also love the English Leicester Tailspun yarn I recently worked on, I just know it is going to dye up really well and has a softer curl than the Mohair, not to mention it is also more economical.

I have posted all my new yarns on my Flickr site, so if you are interested please go and have a look!

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks to Ethel for her lovely English Leicester Fleece

No comments:

Post a Comment