Welcome to the blog of Fibrefanatic Designs. For those of you who have a love of texture and colour in relation to fibre, we have something in common. This blog is a journal of my passion for Art yarns and also the bits of my world that add to the mix. Thanks for popping by.



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New Batts!


I am still experimenting with my method of making mixed fibre batts. Whether to dye my fibre in separate colours and then blend or contrast in the batt or dye the fibre in mixed or blended colours first. Doing it the latter way means it tends to become more muted in the batt but it can still look inspiring. I also find that the colours start 'bright' in the fibre, look muted in the batt and then brighten up again in the yarn, it's amazing what a bit of twist can do to concentrate things. These are all destined to be core spun yarn. When I have three batts in one colour way I tend to take a portion off each batt and then spin them this evens out any differences in the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment