Welcome to the blog of Fibrefanatic Designs. For those of you who have a love of texture and colour in relation to fibre, we have something in common. This blog is a journal of my passion for Art yarns and also the bits of my world that add to the mix. Thanks for popping by.



Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bangle inspired

After dyeing lots of fibre a while back and spinning the most obvious colour combinations from them, I was just about to pack them away.  I often do that, and then later something will come along, some form of inspiration, that will make me hunt for a colour or a fibre to go with a completely different colour combination than was initially intended.  However, as I was packing them away, I came across a bangle that had not made it to my dressing table and I took a moment to study the colour combination.  It seems that my untidyness was truly inspirational.  I wish I could say that this was the reason for all untidyness, but in this case I was happy to use that excuse, and started to grab the fibres that would match the bangle.

Sometimes there are rewards for untidiness!


 Having got the fibre together I decided to make a fibre sandwich as I didn't want to blend the colours too much and I wanted to create a lot of texture in the yarn

Finally it was time to roll it all up and start spinning!   




Layer upon Layer
Time to spin!


Bangle inspired!




No comments:

Post a Comment