Welcome to the blog of Fibrefanatic Designs. For those of you who have a love of texture and colour in relation to fibre, we have something in common. This blog is a journal of my passion for Art yarns and also the bits of my world that add to the mix. Thanks for popping by.



Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pluckyfluff in Melbourne

I got to spend last weekend spinning in the company of some wonderful spinners!  I attended an Art Yarn workshop run by Lexi Boeger who's book started me off on this whole journey of Art Yarn spinning.

Like minded spinners attended this two day workshop, and together we experimented with the techniques shown to us by Lexi.  Lexi's approach is from the artistic perspective, and it really inspired me to consider a new approach with my colour choices.

The spinners who attended are going to start an Art Yarn Spinning Group here in Melbourne, so I am really chuffed about that. It is so good to get together with like minded people, it makes you feel part of something and gives you support when you're having a fibre challenge.

Well, off to the Victorian Hand Weavers and Spinners Guild today, so that I can check out their new shop front premises!  I am really looking forward to it and will post about it later.

Lexi of Pluckyfluff fame

Fibre fibre everywhere!

Spin and chat

Yarns galore

Navajo ply a really thick and thin single. 

This method is called Mohairy - I need to work on it!

2 comments:

  1. OMG what a FANTASTIC space to spin in ! :D

    Your yarns look amazing, I'm going tomorrow to do the workshop and can't wait ! Lexi is amazing isn't she, I love what she does and is so inspirational :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see all this wool makes dream..^o^

    ReplyDelete