Welcome to the blog of Fibrefanatic Designs. For those of you who have a love of texture and colour in relation to fibre, we have something in common. This blog is a journal of my passion for Art yarns and also the bits of my world that add to the mix. Thanks for popping by.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

Adding to the stash

I had a great day yesterday at the Guild as they had their Textile Bazaar.  It was pouring down in Melbourne, but this did not deter the determined Spinners and Weavers, who apparently were queuing at the door before 10.00am!  


Lots of bargains to be had at very reasonable prices.  I was restrained, well not really considering the size of my stash at home, but I am excited about my purchases.  The lazy Kate will just keep my wrapping threads out of the way of my other bobbins and the Mohair slivers will add a lovely bit of lustre to some Batts.  The two cones were a good find; the wool will act as a great core yarn but the Linen is destined for a project I have in mind.  I am sure that the lady who advised me it would make a wonderful warp would be horrified to know that I have no intentions of weaving with it but for $10 it was worth the investment for an idea.  


My purchases at the Textile Bazaar
After much chat and catching up I left to go to the newly opened shop of a friend of mine called The opendrawer


I could have spent hours there, the space was so beautifully presented with lots of wonderful textile craft to tempt you for Christmas presents.  It is a credit to Robyn and Prue for it's presentation and the fact there is exhibition space and classroom space attached is truly amazing.  I just know that this will become a meeting space for all things textile in Melbourne - there is even a space designated for having a cuppa and a chat - how good is that! 



Hand made buttons,  just had to have them!
After spotting these beautiful hand made buttons in one of the open drawers, I just knew they were destined to meet the linen. It was just one of those days where ideas were facilitated and who was I to resist fate.


On the way home I went to visit Mum and Dad and then arrived back home just as DH rocked up.  A glass of wine and a moment to catch up on each other's news and then a bite to each out at our local Greek restaurant.


One of those days to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment