Welcome to the blog of Fibrefanatic Designs. For those of you who have a love of texture and colour in relation to fibre, we have something in common. This blog is a journal of my passion for Art yarns and also the bits of my world that add to the mix. Thanks for popping by.



Friday, November 12, 2010

Where does the time go?

I don't know where the time goes and I know from reading other blogs that there are many of us in the same situation.  I used to think that if I didn't have a whole day or a whole afternoon to do something with my fibre then really what was the point of starting.  However my DH reminded me that an odd 10mins here and there, and just doing a little something of what I want to do each day, means that you can achieve quite a lot. 

I used to work for a chain of stores called 'Knitwit' and I taught stretch sewing.  Each season we would have fashion parades where we would have to make the clothes, a huge job considering sometimes we would have six outfits each to make in two weeks.  Our boss Dierdre used to say "How does an ant eat an elephant, one bite at a time."  We always got it done and in those days I had 4 small boys! 


Mohair tailspun yarn

Mixed Fibre Batt

Mohair, Wool and Silk, wrapped with a silk and stainless steel  yarn

Mixed fibre Batt
I have been trying to complete my Web site for ages, and could never get on top of the thought that it was such a marathon job.  However bit by bit it has come together and now I can see the end in sight.   Breaking everything down into small sections has at least given me a sense of achievement along the way, and now I have just about got my products ready. I am keeping my fingers crossed, that I will open soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment